Capitals and History of Myanmar in astrology, Astrology, History and Politics: resonance coordinates for Naypyidaw, Yangon, Ava, Bagan, Pegu.
Astrogeographical positions of capitals: African Union + Capitals, Ankara, Asian Capitals, Athens, Bagdad, Bangkok, Beijing, Berlin (en), (Berlin (dt), Bern, Brasilia, Cairo, Canberra, Caracas, Copenhagen and Nuuk, Damascus, EU & European Capitals, Hongkong, lslamabad, Jakarta, Jerusalem, Kiew, Kabul, Lhasa, Lima, London, Madrid, Mexico City, Moscow, Myanmar, New Delhi, Ottawa, Paris, Prague, Pyongyang, Riyadh, Rome, Seoul, Stockholm, South American Nations, Tehran, The Hague, Tripoli, Tokyo, UNASUR, United Nations, Vienna, Warsaw, Washington, Wellington,
Capitals and History of Myanmar in astrology
Astrogeographical Position of Naypyidaw
Astrogeographical position of the City of Naypyidaw for morphogenetic field level 1 which describes the international, supra-regional resonance of the capital of Thailand concerning its government, politics and the center of the national morphic field (nation): the capital of Myanmar is located at 14°Aries and 7°Sagittarius.
- Uranus as indicator of globalization, innovation and political changes at 7°Pisces was exactly square the 7°Sagittarius resonance coordinate of the area where the new artificially founded and developed capital was built. As the ruler of Aquarius Uranus is symptomatic of the changes brought to the area by the foundation and construction of the new capital.
- Another absolutely symptomatic group of transits was the Grand Cross of 4 of the 12 systemical planets (Neptune, Sun, Saturn, Mars) in relation to the old capital Yangon.
- Of particular importance was Neptune the planet of destabilization at 15°Aquarius exactly conjunct the 17°Aquarius resonance coordinate of the old capital Yangon which lost its national and international status and probably a larger part of its income on that day.
- Mars at 15°Taurus the sign of markets, income, possession of territory and wealth was square to the 17°Aquarius coordinate of Yangon explaining a situation in which the social status and sources of income of Yangon were questioned.
- Saturn as indicator of governments and political institutions at 11° in Leo the sign of centralism was approaching the exact opposition to the 17°Aquarius resonance coordinate of Yangon.
- The Sun as ruler over Saturn in Leo was at 13°Scorpio approaching the exact square position of Yangon in an aspect apparently aimed at weakening the position of the traditional capital of Yangon and its inheritance.
- the Moon-Venus conjunction on the first degree of Capricorn the degree of governments occupied the position of the head of state and of effective political control
The capitals of Myanmar in astrogeography
An astrogeographical study of the important astrological resonance degrees of Myanmar and Burmese history has to consider the central strategical importance of the astrogeographical longitude resonance of the Irrawaddy Valley in the center of Burma with fire sign Aries. This is reflected in the fact that all important capitals in Burma are located in Aries except Bagan located on the last degree of Pisces but right next to the first degree of Aries.
This strong Aries resonance of the heartland of Burma/Myanmar can be taken as the central astrological indicator of the Burmese mainland and an important factor in Burmese politics. That does not mean that Burmese culture should be judged as a straightforward analogy to Aries on an international scale of comparison. But the Aries influence on Burma can explain the strong military focus and the tradition of military strength of the Burmese kingdoms and the nation of Burma and Myanmar.
History of Myanmar (Burma)
The Bagan/Pagan Kingdom
Astrogeographical position of the City of Bagan for field level 1 (supraregional, global resonance): 29°Pisces and 2°Scorpio.
The city-state of Pagan is assumed to have been founded by the Mranma that originate from the Nanzhao Kingdom in the Chinese province of Yunnan with its capital Taihe (near Jianchuan, Dali) located at 29°Taurus and 23°Gemini. The kingdom grew out of a small 9th-century for over the next two hundred years, to gradually absorb its surrounding regions until King Anawrahta founded the Pagan Empire around 1050, for the first time unifying under one polity central Irrawaddy valley and its periphery.In the 12th and 13th centuries, Pagan, alongside the Khmer Empire, was one of two leading empires in mainland Southeast Asia.
- the City of Bagan was founded during the period of a transit of Uranus the planet of globalization, innovation and social change in opposition to the 2°Scorpio resonance coordinate of its town area. Uranus stood for the foreign occupation and influence.
- another extremely intense transit was from Pluto the indicator for the struggle for power over the 29°Pisces resonance coordinate of the Bagan area explaining the 3 -4 years before the foundation as a time of intense threat, battle for power and attempts to occupy and possess the land.
- by 849 CE Saturn the indicator for stabilization had reached the resonance position of the area explaining a situation in which solid structures were established after a period of intense threat symbolized by the Pluto transit over the area.
- Jupiter the planet of expansion and success at 13°Aries was conjunct the important 14°Aries resonance coordinate that unites the capital cities of Naypyidaw, Yangon, Mandalay, Awu, pegu and others.
The Ava Kingdom
The Ava Kingdom ruled upper Burma from 1364 to 1555. Like the small kingdoms that preceded it, Ava was led by “Bamarised” Shan kings who claimed descent from the kings of Pagan. ‘Shan’ is a generic term for all Tai-speaking peoples within Myanmar (Burma). Today the capital of Shan State is Taunggyi, the fifth-largest city in Myanmar founded in 1894. Originally the Shan are assumed to have migrated to Burma from the Yunnan province of China.
The kingdom was founded by Thado Minbya in 1364 following the collapse of the Sagaing and Pinya Kingdoms due to raids by the Shan States to North Burma.
The Taunggo Empire
The Toungoo dynasty was the ruling dynasty of Burma (Myanmar) from the mid-16th century to 1752. At its peak in 1580 Toungoo Empire was the largest, strongest and one of the richest empires in Southeast Asia. The dynasty originated from the city of Taunggo located at 18°Aries and 25°Sagittarius.
The Taunggo Empire was founded in 1510 under an opposition between Uranus and Saturn over the astrogeographical longitude coordinates of the cities of the Irrawaddy Valley that mark the center of Burma.
- by 1510 Uranus the planet of globalization, abstract re-connection and of self-finding in his 84 year cycle moved right into the Aries resonance of Myanmar introducing a new era of turning old structures upside down and re-connecting the country and people with their fuller potentials of development.
- Saturn the planet of stabilization of government and of states in Libra moved right into opposition to the Aries coordinates of central Burma accompanied by pressure on the existing governments and administrative institutions there explaining the need to reorganize them.
- an important aspect for the situation in Myanmar at the time may have been that Pluto the planet of traumatic defense and of transformation at 19°Sagittarius had been conjunct the 17°Sagittarius resonance coordinate of the center of the national field of China explaining the foundation of the Taunggo Empire as an effect of the heavy battles, tension and pressure inside of China.
British rule in Burma
The British conquest of Burma began with the First Anglo-Burmese War between 5 March 1824 – 24 February 1826. It was the longest and most expensive war in British Indian history. The Burmese defeat ended the military strength of the Burmese kingdom and led to its decline. Burma lost several of his Northern provinces and the important coastlines of the Arakan Province and Tenasserim.
British rule in Burma lasted from 1824 to 1948, from the successive three Anglo-Burmese wars through the creation of Burma as a Province of British India to the establishment of an independently administered colony, and finally independence.
The astrogeographical resonance coordinates of Calcutta the capital of British India are 11°Capricon and 29°Virgo. The Burmese capital (1765–1783, 1821–1842) Ava is located at 12°Aries and 16°Libra. The capital Mandalay (1859–1885) is at 14°Aries and 13°Libra .
- At the beginning of the first Anglo-Burmese war Uranus the planet of globalization at 15°Capricorn was nearly exactly square the 16°Libra resonance coordinate of the Burmese capital Ava after having transited Ava`s 12°Aries resonance coordinate for at least one year indicating the intense threat against Burma through the largest and first fully global empire in history. That makes it an iconic example for the processes that are explained by such transits of Uranus in relation to the astrogeographical resonance coordinates of a capital.
- Neptune as the astrological indicator of destabilization of the center of national morphic fields, territorial integrity and of political institutions at 9°Capricorn was approaching the square position to the 12°Aries resonance position of the Burmese capital Ava.
- at the same time Neptune was conjunct the 11°Capricorn resonance coordinate of the capital of British-India in Calcutta indicating a period of destabilization for the colonial status quo there. This Neptune transit may also explain the heavy losses of 15.000 soldiers – 70% of which due to tropical diseases – and the problems caused through the high costs of the British expedition into Burma. Nevertheless it is remarkable that the expansion into Burma was achieved under a heavy Neptune transit proving such historical events of territorial expansion to be possible under Neptune transits.
The final event in the British conquest of Burma was the surrender of the Burmese Army on 29 November 1885 under an exact square Uranus – Saturn square.
- Uranus the planet of globalization at 7°Libra was approaching the conjunction with the 13°Libra resonance coordinate of the capital Mandalay indicating the overthrow and termination of the Burmese kingdom. At the same time Uranus moved into opposition with the 14° Aries resonance coordinate of Mandalay and the other major cities in the line up of important cities of the Irrawaddy valley.
- This double function of the Uranus transit may be examined as having manifested through conjunction: factual termination of the government, kingdom, independence, territorial rule and opposition: challenge to traditions, cultural inheritance, social status quo, technological standards through introduction of technological innovation, railroads, European culture and religion, a.s.o.
- Saturn the indicator of government institutions at 7° Cancer was approaching the square position to both resonance coordinates of the Burmese capital explaining the strong pressure from existing colonial authorities on the last bastion of the Burmese kingdom.
Japanese conquest and occupation of Burma 1941-45
The Japanese attacks on Burma started on 14 December 1941 against the southernmost point Kawthaung (Victoria Point). The Fall and burning down of Rangun by the defending British Indian Burmese army occurred on 7 March 1942 followed by the Japanese occupation of Burmese territories from South to North until 26 April 1942.
- the Japanese attack and invasion of Burma was carried out 7 days after the attack on Pearl Harbour with the self-destructive transit of Neptune at 29°Virgo over 28°/29°Virgo resonance coordinates of Tokyo and Berlin that explains the historical parallel between the initiators of World War 2 and their self-destructive attacks on the USA and USSSR in June and December 1941.
- at the same time Neptune was also conjunct the 29°Virgo resonance coordinate of Calcutta the former capital (until 1911) of British-India.
- Chiron the planet of careful strategical planning and indicator for a preventive attack at 14°Leo was the only one of the slow-moving systemical planets that made a direct aspect to one of the astrogeographical resonance positions of the capital Rangoon (17°Aquarius – 14°Aries).
- the Saturn-Uranus conjunction between 23° and 27°in Taurus the sign of occupation of territory in exact square to the 27°Leo resonance coordinate of Washington explains that the central aim of the Burmese invasion were efforts to weaken and control the US allies in the region.
- Mars the planet of warfare at 17°Aries the sign of war, action, speed and mobilization conjunct the 14°Aries resonance coordinate of Rangoon and the center of the Irrawaddy Valley explains that the target of the attack was conquering the center of Burma.
The end of the Japanese occupation of Burma began with the nationwide uprising of the Burmese National Army on 27 March 1945. But an extensive military invasion from British India was necessary to free Burma from the grip of the Japanese occupation. The official surrender of the Japanese forces was not signed before 12 September 1945.
- the uprising was started shortly after the ingress of Mars the planet of warfare into Pisces the sign of hiding pointing at hidden operation and guerilla warfare.
- the conjunction of the Moon with Jupiter in Virgo the sign of careful strategies, preventive measures and stocks of supplies could stand for aiming at attacking Japanese supply structures.
- a remarkable astrogeographical transit during the start of the National Uprising of March 27 was the position of the North Node as indicator for the aim and outcome of events at 14°Cancer in exact square to the 14°Aries resonance coordinates of the capitals Rangun and Mandalay. It indicates that the uprising was aimed at challenging the status quo of the Japanese domination of government rule.
Burmese Independence of 1948
The astrological chart for the declaration of Burmese independence is an interesting example for studies on election of time and date for important political events in political astrology. It has to be noted that Burmese astrology is derived from Indian Astrology and therefore based on the twelve-fold Greek zodiac and probably in the sidereal version which means that the resonance and parallels between the zodiac signs and the solar year is neglected. Furthermore it can be assumed that only the 7 classical planets (SU, MO, ME, VE, MA, JU, SA) and the two nodes (RA, KE) were considered. This must be why the choice of a relatively depressive Moon – Neptune conjunction escaped the astrologer`s awareness.
- the astrologer(s) that selected the date and time for the declaration of Independence decided to pick the ascendant at appr. 16-18° Scorpio in sidereal terms which equals 10°Sagittarius in tropical terms. Sagittarius reflects the sign of knowledge, unhindered expansion, luxury, the priest castes, preaching, thinking and success-orientation. The ascendant and sign ruler Jupiter (guru) the planet of expansion and “luck” was selected to be present in house 1 .
- the position of Jupiter was selected at tropical 16°Sagittarius which was conjunct the 17°Sagittarius resonance coordinate of the Chinese capital Beijing – explaining the strong Chinese influence on the pseudo-socialist government by Myanmar`s super-large and dominant neighbor.
- the conjunction of the Sun with Mercury in Capricorn the sign of stability, laws. control, government institutions occupied house 2 providing the ideal of a particularly strong and stable government, state, administration and institutions dedicated at protecting the Burmese borders and territories.
- the position of Jupiter and particularly in his own sign Sagittarius the sign of profits but also of profiteers may be found to have laid a foundation for the rulership of caste system based on privileges for the castes of profiteers particularly the army personnel and the priest castes.
- the most important long-term aspect of Burmese Independence was the conjunction of Saturn at 21° with Pluto at 14°Leo in opposition to the 17°Aquarius resonance coordinate of the capital Yangon (Rangoon) describing a situation that saw the capital and center of the nation of the new Burma under extreme pressure. This pressure came from China with its capital Beijing located at 3°Leo and 17°Sagittarius and from India and the USA with their capitals at 26° and 27°Leo.
- the introduction of 45 and 90 Kyat banknotes by the pseudo-socialist administration if dictator Ne Win on 22. September 1987 is said to have been inspired by the idea that the number 9 would be particularly auspicious from the point of view of numerology. The number 9 represents a straight resonance here with the ascendant in the 9th astrological sign Sagittarius. But with Jupiter the ruling planet of Sagittarius in house 1 an unhindered expansion of the egos of the representatives of the ruling profiteer caste seems to have been the main issue in the choice of that number.
- it is reported that with the introduction of these banknotes older banknotes of large denominations were invalidated overnight which led to enormous losses for people who kept all their savings in the old banknotes. The fact that a day was chosen for the introduction of these banknotes when Saturn the planet of government authority, control, restrictions and social hierarchy at 16°Sagittarius was exactly conjunct its position from the declaration of Independence. From this it can be concluded that the Ne Win governments motivation for this step was keeping the richest castes under control.
The 1962 Burmese coup d’état
The 1962 Burmese coup d’état on 2 March 1962 marked the beginning of 26 years of political dominance of the army in Myanmar. In the first 12 years following the coup, the country was ruled under martial law. The military replaced the civilian AFPFL-government, headed by Prime Minister U Nu, with the Union Revolutionary Council, chaired by General Ne Win who dominated Burma as one-person Prime Minister and President from 1962 to 1974.
Important reasons for the coup were the constant rise of criminal rates under the new democratic system, the installation of anti-communist Chinese Kuomintang forces by the USA in North Burma, the US-British possession of the oil fields and production and the problems caused by of the Cold War situation.
Not all politics decided for by the new pseudo-socialist military junta were a step back in regard to the self-liberation of the Burmese nation: the oil industry, previously controlled und control of American and British companies was ended and the government-owned Burma Oil Company, monopolized the Burmese oil production. In August 1963, the nationalization of basic industries was achieved. Both decisions allowed Burma to regain import parts of its economic and industrial resources from the colonial powers.
- the Burmese Military Coup D`Etat of 1962 was carried out with an intensely aggressive conjunction of Mars the planet of warfare with Mercury the planet of intelligence, information, spying between 14° and 18°Aquarius exactly conjunct the 17°Aquarius resonance coordinate of the capital Yangon.
- the long-term transit of Neptune at 13°Scorpio over the square position to the 17°Aquarius resonance position of Yangon explains a period of growing instability and destabilization of the central political institutions and in the case of Neptune also of the territorial instability as a nation.
The 8888 Uprising
The 8888 Nationwide Popular Pro-Democracy Protests were a series of nationwide protests, marches and civil unrest started by students in Rangoon and joined by Hundreds of thousands of monks, children, doctors and common people. The uprising ended on 18 September after a bloody military coup by the State Law and Order Restoration Council (SLORC). Thousands of deaths have been attributed to the military during this uprising. During the crisis, Aung San Suu Kyi emerged as a national icon. In the election in 1990, her party, the National League for Democracy, won 81% of the seats in the government – but the Military Regime refused to recognize the results and Aung San Suu Kyi put under house arrest until 2010.
- except the position of the Sun at 16°Leo exactly opposite the 17°Aquarius resonance coordinate of the capital in Yangon the only remarkable transit was of Mars at 11°Aries moving towards the conjunction with the 14°Aries resonance coordinate of Rangoon.
- the complete absence of astrogeographical transits from the slow moving systemical planets might explain why the elections and protests could not bring change to the country.
The 2021 Coup D`Etat
The 2021 Myanmar coup d’état began on the morning of 1 February 2021 when democratically elected members of Myanmar’s ruling party, the National League for Democracy, were deposed by the Tatmadaw —Myanmar’s military. The Tatmadaw proclaimed a year-long state of emergency and declared power had been vested in Commander-in-Chief of Defence Services Min Aung Hlaing. It declared the results of the November 2020 general election invalid. The coup d’état was staged the day before the Parliament of Myanmar was due to swear in the members elected at the 2020 election.
As the capital has been transferred from Yangon (14°Aries – 17°Aquarius) to Naypyidaw (14°Aries – 7°Sagittarius) in 2005 it has to be examined whether or not or in how far an antagonism between the astrogeographical resonators of the traditional capital and the center of the national morphic field on one side and the new capital and the government and institutions located there is effective.
- the position of the South Node (Ketu) at 18°Sagittarius falls right on the 17°Sagittarius (sign of expansionism) resonance coordinate of Beijing indicating that the Chinese capital secretly backs the coup and can even be considered as its actual origin.
- the Coup D’état was carried out in the wake of the square transit of Uranus the planet of globalization and of revolution over 17°Taurus square to the 17°Aquarius resonance coordinate of Yangon which will reach its climax between May 2022 and May 2023.
- Saturn the planet of stabilization of the government and possibly of the democracy in Myanmar will reach the 17°Aquarius position of the traditional center of the national morphic field at Yangon between January 2022 and December 2022.
- Saturns transit over 7°Pisces square to the 7°Sagittarius resonance coordinate of the new capital Naypyidaw between April 2023 and March 2024 will be the next check for the government in the administrative capital in Naypyidaw. Saturn stands vor economical problems possibly caused by the economical and financial embargoes to be expected as a consequence of the installation of a new Chinese backed dictatorship in Myanmar.
- Another important peak of challenge will be the transit of Uranus over 7° Gemini the sign of democracy in exact opposition to the government capital Naypyidaw between August 2026 and June 2028. As the planet of globalization, revolution and emancipation Uranus transits stand for periods of re-connection with the fuller potentials of a nation.
- the transit of Mars the planet of warfare and the military caste in Taurus the sign of money, economy, markets, wealth and control of territories in exact square to the ecstatic conjunction of the Sun with Jupiter in Aquarius the sign of emancipation, self-liberation, globalization and revolution explains the attack of the military leaders as an attempt to possess and control the nation, its wealth, economy and resources. It can be assumed that the Chinese backed pseudo-socialist military junta feared to fully loose its grip on the society and the wealth of Myanmar.