Capricorn and Leo – Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Astrology, Art, Sculpting: The astrogeographical position of the memorial in South Dakota
Related articles: Crazy Horse Memorial in Scorpio the sign of sculpting, Scorpio as the sign of sculpting, Astrogeographic position of Washington, Astrogeographical constellations of US Presidents at the White House, The US National Chart,
Capricorn and Leo – Mount Rushmore National Memorial
The Mount Rushmore National Memorial in the Black Hills of South Dakota consists of four sculptures of about 18 m height each carved into the granite rock formation. The sculptures show the heads of 4 US presidents : George Washington (22/Feb/1732, Sun in Pisces), Thomas Jefferson (13/Apr/1743, Sun in Aries), Abraham Lincoln (12/Feb/1809, Sun in Aquarius) and Theodore Roosevelt (27/Oct/1858, Sun in Scorpio). The works were carried out by the sculptor John Gutzon de la Mothe Borglum along with 400 workers between October, 4 1927 and October 31, 1941.
Astrogeographic position of Mount Rushmore Memorial for morphogenetic field level 3 which describes the atmosphere and energetical topics of the sculpture itself: the place where the monument is located has one coordinate in solid, strict, conservative, traditionalist earth sign Capricorn sign of mountains, rocks, governments, history, state cult. The 2nd coordinate lies in highly energetic, magnetic, royal fire sign Leo sign of the sun, light, heart, power stations, kingdom, magnificence,, self-centeredness, self-expression and an indicator for the purpose of depicting or creating a myth of glamour for the national state cult.
Both signs Capricorn as well as Leo stand for the choice of a highly prominent position of the site on a mountain top. Capricorn is the indicator for granite as the hardest type of rock material capable of preserving the artwork for eternity. In addition, Capricorn could also symbolize the appeal of a hierarchy among American presidents that was essential for the selection of the 4 representatives. The position in Leo in contrast to Capricorn stands for the subjectivism in the approach to art here.
The most beautiful type of a natural rock sanctuary was destroyed to create images of presidential glamour. The monument does not respect the natural beauty of the mountain sanctuary as a piece of art created here by nature. It is symptomatic of the self-focused, self-centered situation in Leo to make use of the rock material for personal liking and emotional purposes without respect of the holiness of the sacred mountain. The coordinate in fire sign Leo is also a straight resonance with the US astrogeographical position of the US capital Washington at 27°Leo.
Birth Chart of Mount Rushmore Memorial
The sculpting work was begun on 4 October 1927 an finished on October 31, 1941
- Mars in the center of aristocratic air sign Libra the sign of harmony, balance, decoration, naive painting, royal courts and stage presentation occupied mid-heaven on 12:00 noon indicating that the central topic of the day at the Mount Rushmore area was 1) starting sth. new 2) a work done that included making cuts, engravings, and chopping things 3) work done above the place with an abstract focus and/or focus at a place above.
- Mars in Libra was moving towards an exact square to Pluto the ruling planet of Scorpio the sign of sculpting, imaging, visualization and photography indicating the challenge to creating a realistic image.
- The Moon was in Capricorn the sign of hardest rock material and important resonator of granite resonating with one of the astrological resonating signs of the construction site.
- Neptune at 28°Leo was conjunct the 27°Leo resonance coordinate of the capital Washington explain the period as a time of depression, insecurity, corruption and of the aspect of the Mount Rushmore sculpture as a memorial dedicated at dealing with the memory of the re-connection with the nomadic, tribal origin of the homeless settlers that formed the nations. In that sense the idea of implanting memory and state cult into rock was symbolic of the attempt to create an image of stability and a mark of possession into a land and territory recently occupied.
- I`ve been wondering about the possible meaning of the opposition of Mercury as ruler of Gemini the sign of sign-posts in Scorpio the sign of sculpting with Chiron the planet of healing and ruler of Virgo the sign of protection of untouched, protected places, of nature and of the realms of the spiritual entities of nature such as dwarfs, elves, gnomes, trolls that through the position in Taurus must have considered the place their territorry.