The Stardreaming Temples Project in New Mexico. Astrology, & Sacred Sites: The Stardreaming Temples Project in New Mexico
Related articles: The Sedona Vortex System in astrology, Max Ernst`s sculpture Capricorn, Checkerboard Mesa in Scorpio with Gemini, The Toadstool Hoodoos in Aries with Capricorn, Scorpio as the sign of sculpting,
The Stardreaming Temples Project in New Mexico
The Stardreaming Temples Project in New Mexico also called “Temples of the Cosmos” project is a group of 16 open air ornamental installations near Santa Fe, New Mexico created by American visionary artist James Jereb.
The names of the installations are: Temple of the Sun, Temple of the Rainbow Serpent, Temple of the Milky Way, Temple of the Violet Flame, Faery Ring, Temple of the Heart, Temple of Lightning, Temple of Infinity, Temple of the Stars, Temple of New Atlantis, Temple of Magic 13 Grandmothers, Temple of the Moon, Temple of Avalon, Rainbow Whale Altar, Temple of Dreams
From the Stardreaming project website: “On Fall Equinox 2000 Jereb began building temples of stone at Stardreaming south of Santa Fe, New Mexico. These marked the beginning of the Temples of the Cosmos, 16 open-air temples/labyrinths over 22 acres.
600 tons of stone of some 50 different kinds of stone were used to build the Temples of the Cosmos. The stones come from sources throughout the United States and Mexico. The stone ranges in size from huge boulders of quartz and granite to chipped pieces of obsidian and red jasper. Each temple is oriented to specific stellar, lunar or solar alignments. Each temple has its own creation story, unique design, type of stone used, and time of the year it was built. Created according to the Hermetic tradition of revered geometry, alchemy and magic, these temples, or vortices, create a portal for divine energy and healing.” “In creating these temples, the stone taught me surrender, trust, love and humility.”
Astrogeographic position for morphogenetic field level 3 which describes how the project area is embedded in the land: the astrogeographical latitude coordinate lies in dynamical, mental fire sign Sagittarius the sign of searching, aiming, watching, observatories, shamanism, initiation, philosophy, thinking, style, design, fashion, luxury, ornamentation, circles and all types of round and semi-circled forms. The ornamental circle installations are symptomatic and as well are to be expected as harmonious with the energetical resonance of the site with Sagittarius.
The 2nd resonance coordinate lies in highly dynamic, male fire sign Aries sign of action, speed, warfare, fighting, ignition, mobilization, sports, motivation for new starts and of unicellular beings.
The combination of these two fire signs stands for an atmosphere that support activity, adventure and sports rather than deep relaxation and meditation. In regard to healing Sagittarius stands for seeking completion, understanding and resonance with the fire aspect of the holy spirit whereas Aries stands for re-connection with the allowance of and motivation for survival, acting, releasing aggression and going forward.
- as the sign of the production process of art Scorpio ascendant can be examined as a hint that the project is dedicated sculpting, imaging, visualization and transformation.
- through his position near mid-heaven Mars the planet of action on a zodiac degree with particular emphasis on psychology at 3rd degree of Virgo the sign of protected places, protection of nature, healing and herbal medicine takes the role of strongest factor in this chart.
- since the position Chiron as the sign ruler of Virgo, mid-heaven and of the position of Mars coincides with the position of ascendant ruler Pluto (ruler of Scorpio) both in house 1 the house of action the site appears to be dedicated to allowing visitors the motivation for acting and doing.
- the North Node as indicator of aims and outcomes exactly coincided with the position of the Moon at 22° in Cancer the sign of emotional individuality, individuation and authenticity indicating that the aim of the project and temple site could best be made use of by visitors by reflecting themselves rather than by seeking to reflect the site or installations as such.
- this is also supported by a rare aspect here: Lilith as the indicator of the unaccepted or seemingly unacceptable, unreflected and suppressed aspects of individuality was conjunct the South Node indicating the aim here of crossing over from delivering service due to obligations to allowing individual self-responsibility.